The Newcastle Eye Centre is a regional centre treating all types of common eye conditions in adults and children.
We treat patients who need elective surgery in addition to emergency cases.
The centre, based at the Claremont Wing at the RVI, has state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment facilities for medical and surgical conditions affecting the eye, including:
- Age Related Macular Degeneration (ARMD)
- Orbit (including eye socket)
- Corneal disorders
- Ocular motility
- Uveitis (inflammation of part of the uveal tract of the eye)
- Squints (for adults and children)
- Lacrimal (conditions affecting the tear duct)
- Neuro-Ophthalmology (conditions affecting nervous system in the eye)
- Vitreoretinal (condition affecting the retina)
Local eye clinics
Most of our patients come from across the North East so we work with smaller, local hospitals and GP practices to hold clinics there, closer to our patients’ homes. We provide clinics in:
- Berwick (Union Brae Medical Practice)
- Shotley Bridge
- Gateshead (Fell Tower Medical Practice)
- Cramlington Manor Walks
Wherever you come from and whatever your condition, we provide a friendly, high quality and safe service to every patient.
Telephone: 0191 282 5905
Telephone: 0191 282 5905 (option 4)