Applications for placements starting before Monday 3rd April have been suspended, as we are currently full to capacity.
To apply for a placement to commence after Monday 3 April:
- You must give a minimum of six months notice to allow for all of the necessary checks to take place. The timescale may seem rather long but this is to allow all necessary processes to take place.
- Please do not approach Paediatric consultants directly.
- Email: Lisa Hardisty on email@example.com outlining why you want an elective placement at GNCH.
- Give your exact dates.
- Attach your CV
- State the paediatric specialty you would prefer from the following specialties only:
We will consider your application and identify if we are able to accommodate your request.
If you are successful, then we will forward your application on to Newcastle University and put you touch with your named supervisor so that you can then plan a draft timetable before the placement commences.
Please view the guidance here: – you will find an application form; this states the requirements needed to apply – within the form, you can insert the name and contact of the Elective Supervisor – electives are normally between 3-8 weeks in duration.
We nor the Medical Student Office cannot arrange accommodation for you.
Please read the Incoming Elective Policy here carefully. This gives guidance on issues including Visas, dress code and professionalism.
- We only take applications for Paediatric specialties on the above list
- We do not take applications for Emergency Department Medicine, Neonates, Cardiology, ENT, Orthopaedics or Ophthalmology any requests for these should be addressed to the relevant department.
- We do not take applications for any nursing or allied health professional placements. To apply for these you will need to contact nuth.PracticePlacementFacilitators@nhs.net