The Disablement Services Centre is based in a stand alone building at the front of Newcastle’s Freeman Hospital.
The centre is home to a variety of services, including:
We have a range of facilities to make your visit more comfortable including:
- reception area with coffee bar (open from 10.00am to 12.00pm)
- drinks machines
- food is not available after 12:00 noon at the centre however there is a restaurant at the Freeman Hospital and a number of small shops which provide food and drink
- the centre is fully accessible to people with disabilities, including those in wheelchairs.
Monday to Friday
8.30am to 4.30pm
How to find us
- Come onto the Freeman Hospital site from Freeman Road
- Turn immediately left to the Disablement Services Centre
- The postcode of the centre is NE7 7AF
Please contact your General Practitioner or relevant Ambulance Contact Centre, when requesting please ask them to book the ambulance to/from DSC2.
Attending by ambulance may mean a longer wait at the centre. You should bring any medication you need with you to your appointment.
We have a limited number of disabled parking bays around the centre for patients who are registered Blue Badge holders.
When you come into the building, you need to report to the DSC reception and enter your car registration number into a machine.
Find out more about parking on the Freeman Hospital site.
For more information about the Disablement Services Centre, please contact reception:
Telephone: 0191 2231184