We have three speech and language therapy departments:
- Adult speech and language therapy
- Speech and language therapy for children and young people
- Regional cleft palate service
We also have speech and language therapists who work in the ear, nose and throat service (ENT).
Speech and language therapists are known as ‘allied health professionals’ – health care staff distinct from nursing and medical staff who provide therapeutic patient care and support.
We work closely with adults, children, young people, parents and carers. We also work with other professionals such as teachers, nurses, other therapists and doctors.
Where we work
Our speech and language therapists work in locations across Newcastle, including:
- Hospital wards
- Outpatient departments
- Mainstream and special schools
- Health and family centres.
- Clients’ homes
- Nursing homes.
To find out more about our service, click on the department links above.
Alternatively, you can contact:
- Jane Appleton, Head of Speech and Language Therapy
- 0191 2823085 or 0191 2824324