New Croft Centre will be closed on the following dates:
- Monday 29 May 2023 (bank holiday)
For opening hours and more information on MPOX, PEP or emergency contraception, click here or visit a local pharmacy.
Virtual walk in
From Monday 9 January, essential building work will take place for several months at New Croft centre. We ask that please you do not come into the building unless you have been asked to attend the service at New Croft (such as for an appointment or to collect a DIY kit or medication or to attend a Young Person’s clinic.
Please call us on 0191 229 2999 between 8.30am – 10.30am if you are experiencing symptoms/or an urgent problem or between 1.30pm to 4.30pm for non-urgent issues (contraception/repeat vaccines).
If you are offered a face-to-face appointment, you may be asked to attend a clinic in a different location across the city, this may be one of the following sites:
Newcastle upon Tyne
Walker Resource Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne
Newcastle upon Tyne
Time Sensitive Sexual Health Care
It’s important to take action as soon as possible if you think you require any of these services. Click below for more information and contact details for each service.Emergency contraception Abortion services PEP – exposure to HIV
Sharing your feedback
New Croft Sexual Health ask patients to complete registration documents which include questions about your gender and sexual orientation to help ensure that we offer you the best care and that our services are meeting your needs.
As a service we want to be as inclusive as possible and to help us do this we would like your feedback to make sure we ask these questions in the most inclusive way.
To help us do this we would appreciate your feedback by clicking the link below and completing our short survey. Thank youShare your feedback here
Monkeypox Infection: If you think you have monkeypox symptoms – however mild:
- Contact NHS 111 immediately. Your call will be treated sensitively and confidentially.
- Avoid close personal or sexual contact with others until you have had a clinical assessment
You could be eligible for vaccination to reduce the risk of monkey pox infection.
If you are eligible to receive a vaccine to reduce the risk of monkey pox infection ring 0191 223 1040, Monday to Friday, between 10am and 3pm to book an appointment.
Walk in service suspended
There is no longer a walk in service. Access to the building is only for people who have contacted us by phone or via the website DIY kit requesting service except on a Wednesday afternoon for the under 18s.
Please do not attend our service if you have been told to self-isolate or you have symptoms of coronavirus. These include fever, headaches and / or a new persistent cough.
If you attend our services for a long term health condition then this will continue. However, many of our consultations will be over the telephone. These are the sorts of problems we can manage:
- Asymptomatic screening for STIs by providing a DIY kit
- Symptoms of an STI (sexually transmitted infection) such as discharge from the penis, ulcers and sores.
- HIV prevention (post-exposure prophylaxis after sexual exposure to HIV known as PEPSE), HIV testing and HIV treatment
- HIV PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis)
- If you have been in contact of an infection such as chlamydia and gonorrhoea
- Emergency contraception including emergency pills (previously known as morning after pill) and copper IUD (coil)
- Contraception including long acting reversible contraception such as copper and hormonal IUCs (coil), contraceptive implants
- Progestogen only pills (eg. Desogestrel) and where possible combined pills/patches/rings (eg. Rigevidon)
- Depo-Provera or Sayana Press injections
- Cervical screening tests
There are still some aspects of our service that haven’t restarted such as vaccinations. We will let you know as soon as we restore this part of our service.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
DIY testing kits
Due to unforeseen circumstances we are not currently able to provide DIY kits.
Do it yourself at home sexual health testing kits (DIY kit)
You are now able to request a do it yourself at home sexual health testing kit (DIY kit) from New Croft Centre either by:
Telephone: 0191 229 2999 between 8:30am and 4pmOrder a do it your self sexual health testing kits (DIY KIT)
These DIY kits are only suitable if you do not have any symptoms of an STI.
If you are symptomatic or have been told you have been in contact with someone with an STI, you should telephone 0191 229 2999 for advice.
Find out how to order a DIY kit in our DIY sexual health testing kit section
Young People’s Sexual Health Clinics at New Croft
There are two Young People’s Walk-in Clinics available at New Croft. Our free, friendly and confidential sexual health information and support walk-in service is delivered in partnership with Streetwise Young People’s Project
- Every Wednesday afternoons between 3.30and 5:30pm – this clinic is for young people aged 17 years and under
- Every Saturday morning between 10am – 12pm – this clinic is available for young people aged 24 years and under
Find out more in our Young Person’s Clinic Section
New Croft House
Telephone: 0191 229 2999