Our physiotherapy service treats patients of all ages with a wide range of physical problems and conditions caused by illness, injury, disability or ageing.
- Injuries and fractures (including sports injuries)
- Conditions affecting bones and joints
- Strokes and neurological conditions
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Intensive care or terminal illness
- Chest conditions
- Posture and movement.
Physiotherapy can play a key role to help people affected by the above issues to improve their movement, their health, wellbeing and their quality of life.
We work with people to identify their needs, and help them maximise their ability to move and function in their day-to-day lives.
Our physiotherapy teams
The physiotherapy department has a number of teams with different specialties, covering all Newcastle Hospitals sites. Our physiotherapy teams include:
- Orthopaedic physiotherapy
- Hands, burns and plastics physiotherapy
- Physio at the disablement services centre
- Children’s physiotherapy
- Neurological physiotherapy
- Surgical, critical and cardio physiotherapy
- Musculoskeletal physiotherapy
- Community adult domiciliary physiotherapy
- Women’s physiotherapy
- Cancer care physiotherapy
- Medicine services physiotherapy
How can I be referred into the service?
Please click on the individual services to find out how to access our services.
Tel: 0191 282 5484