Services are delivered at the Freeman Hospital and the Great North Children’s Hospital at the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle.
There is also an outreach clinic at James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough.
In these pages:Our services What to expect as a patient Types of sarcoma Information for professionals
Our service is run by a team of highly skilled staff with a range of experience. Our expert team of consultants and health professionals includes:
- orthopaedic and spinal surgeons
- plastic surgeons
- surgeons with colorectal, abdominal, retroperitoneal and head and neck expertise
- specialists from oncology (chemotherapy and radiotherapy)
- radiologists (x-ray and scans)
- clinical nurse specialists.
We have a weekly team meeting on Friday mornings where professionals with a range of expertise meet to ensure that patients benefit from the most appropriate treatment.
Accessing our services
Patients can be referred to the North of England Bone and Soft Tissue Tumour Service by their GP or other healthcare professional, such as hospital doctors.
There are more details about referrals in our information for professionals pages