Our Quality Strategy 2018-21 highlights how the Trust intends to deliver safe, effective, high quality patient care.
As a Trust we are committed to providing services which:
- maintain patient safety at all times and in all respects;
- are clinically effective and lead to the best possible health outcomes for patients;
- provide a positive patient experience;
- are timely, equitable and efficient; responding to the needs of our population;
- are well-led, open and collaborative and are committed to learning and improvement.
This strategy sets out how we aim to continue to deliver the high quality care for which it is renowned and continue to put patients at the heart of all we do.
This new strategy also outlines our aim to create a culture of continuous improvement to increase and sustain the quality of our services for the people of Newcastle and beyond. Rather than being a short-lived trend, quality improvement should be embedded in our culture as we move forward as an organisation, from ward to Board.
We are confident that by implementing this strategy, and continuing to put patients at the heart of everything we do, we will continue to ensure that our services are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led.
By working hard to foster a culture of continuous improvement, by empowering staff and patients to make the changes they want to see, we will continue to deliver the best possible care to the people of Newcastle and beyond.
We will monitor the implementation of this strategy closely and look forward to working together to make the Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust even better.Quality Strategy 2018-2020