Professor Andrew Fisher has worked in the field in advanced lung disease, pulmonary hypertension and Lung Transplantation as a Consultant since 2004.
Professor Fisher sees patients from around the UK with very severe lung disease to assess their suitability for lung transplantation and provide life-long care to those patients who have undergone lung transplantation and he also looks after patients with Pulmonary Vascular Diseases including pulmonary hypertension.
Professor Fisher leads a research group at Newcastle University working on optimising the quality of donor organs for transplant and also improving the survival of patients after lung transplant.
He is Co-Director of the NIHR Blood and Transplant Research Unit in Organ Donation and Transplantation. He is also a Past President of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation 2016-2019
- Severe Lung Disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Lung Transplantation including candidate selection and post-transplant care
- Research and Innovation in organ donation and transplantation
- Clinical Trials in lung transplantation
- Lung Transplant Assessment clinic
- Post Lung Transplant follow-up clinic