Mr Vincenzo Pagliarulo is a consultant in thoracic surgery at the Freeman Hospital.
Mr Vincenzo Pagliarulo graduated in medicine with honours at the University of Bari, Italy, specialising in thoracic surgery at the University of Bari, Italy. Following surgical practice in Germany and Austria during his training, he has worked in United Kingdom since 2013. He worked as a cardiothoracic fellow at the St George’s Hospital (London) and as thoracic and upper GI fellow at the City Hospital in Nottingham.
Mr Pagliarulo has undertaken a Thoracic Robotic Master at the University of Pisa (Italy) in 2015 and an Advanced Minimally Invasive Thoracic fellowship at the Shanghai Chest Hospital (China) in 2016. He has worked as a consultant thoracic surgeon in the United Kingdom since 2017 and at Freeman Hospital as a consultant since August 2018.
Mr Vincenzo Pagliarulo has a special interest in minimally invasive oncology surgery of the lung and mediastinum (>90% of his practice). This includes VATS and Robotic surgery.
Additionally, his interests are in:
- Thymic surgery and mediastinal tumours
- Airway interventions
- Pneumothorax surgery
- Lung volume reduction
- Trauma surgery
- Advanced Interventional endoscopy represents an additional field of practice, such as advanced surgical operations with the assistance of ECMO and Cardio-Pulmonary by pass.
- General Thoracic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery
- VATS and Robotic
- Thoracic Oncology Surgery
- Mediastinal disease
- Advanced Interventional Endoscopy
Name of Secretary