Mr Munawar Hashmi is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Newcastle’s Freeman Hospital where he specialises in hip and knee joint replacement and resurfacing:
- primary hip and knee joint replacement
- hip resurfacing for young high demand patients
- Birmingham mid head resection for young damaged hips
- cartilage transplant and knee reconstruction
- revision hip and knee surgery / arthroplasty
Mr Hashmi underwent specialist orthopaedic training in Northern Deanery followed by sub-specialist training in Joint Reconstruction at The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore.
He also underwent a Visiting Fellowship at London Health Sciences Centre, University of West Ontario, Canada.