Mr Dharmendra Agrawal is a consultant thoracic surgeon at Freeman Hospital and lead for thoracic surgery & robotic surgery.
He was trained at Delhi University of India and achieved specialized training lead to degree of M. Ch. in Cardiovascular and Thoracic surgery. In U K he was trained at Cambridge, Leeds, Edinburgh and Newcastle and achieved Specialist Registration. He has worked as a locum consultant cardiothoracic surgeon at Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh and Newcastle, subsequently achieved substantive consultant position at Freeman Hospital, Newcastle.
- Head of the department of cardio thoracic surgery
- Clinical lead for thoracic surgery
- Lead of robotic assisted major lung resection and thoracic surgery and performed more than 200 robotic thoracic procedures.
- Trauma lead for cardiothoracic surgery and involved in teaching at Regional & National trauma course.
- Mr Agrawal has a keen interest in teaching and he is Associate Clinical Lecturer at Newcastle University and SSC lead for cardiothoracic surgery.
- Board of Representative for SCTS
- Thoracic surgery audit lead for SCTS
- Clinical Governance lead for Cardiothoracic Surgery
- All forms of adult thoracic surgery.
- Special interest in minimally invasive approaches including robotic thoracic surgery.
- Thoracic Oncology surgery – Simple and Complex
- Thymus and other Mediastinal tumours surgery
- Trauma surgery
- Undergraduate Medical education.
Homograft Aortic Valve, Achilles study &
Mastery Trial for robotic thoracic surgery
Freeman/RVI, Cumberland Royal Infirmary (Carlisle) and Wansbeck hospital (Northumberland)
- Freeman Hospital, Newcastle
- Cumberland Royal Infirmary, Carlisle