Dr Rekha Pillai completed her training from University College London, University Hospitals of Leicester, and Newcastle Fertility Centre at Life. She was awarded a PhD from the University of Leicester for her work on prediction of miscarriage in women experiencing threatened miscarriage. She currently leads the Reproductive endocrinology clinic in the Newcastle Fertility Centre.
Dr Pillai is passionate about providing individualised patient-centred care and believes in patient autonomy. Dr Pillai has extensively published in the field of early pregnancy complications and infertility and has been an invited speaker to several national and international conferences.
She has held several roles during her training including the regional representative for The British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE) and trainee representative. Dr Pillai has been awarded several awards and scholarships including the best trainee award in the national laparoscopic training program organised by BSGE and Olympus.
- Assisted conception including ovulation induction/ IUI/IVF/ ICSI
- Fertility Preservation
- Fertility preservation for individuals with Gender dysphoria
- Treatment with donor egg and sperm
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Reproductive surgery
- Ovarian cyst
- Adolescent Gynaecological Problems
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Pelvic pain
- Early pregnancy complications
- Heavy periods
- Congenital Gynaecological problems
- Minimal access and open gynaecological Surgery
- Early Pregnancy Complications
- Pelvic Ultrasound scan
- Assisted Conception
- High risk IVF