Dr John Wright is a Consultant in Emergency Medicine at the Great North Trauma and Emergency Centre where he specialises in the use of ultrasound in emergency care, sports injuries and research. He also runs a clinic in soft tissue injuries.
Having completed his medical training in Scotland, Dr Wright was appointed as Consultant in Emergency Medicine for Newcastle Hospitals in June 2001.
He is actively involved in:
- Northumberland and Tyne & Wear Injuries & Emergencies Specialty Group Lead
- College of Emergency Medicine National Ultrasound Committee (Research Led)
- North East Ambulance Service Clinical Advisory Group
- North East Cardiac Arrest Network Clinical Lead
- North East Trauma Committee (Research Lead)
- Newcastle Hospitals Stroke/Neuroscience/Trauma Research Group Lead
- Associate Clinical Lecturer Newcastle University (Institute of Health and Society)