Dr Akif Gani is a consultant physician specialising in Older People’s Medicine and Stroke, especially those requiring neuro-rehabilitation.
Dr Gani’s other Trust and Regional roles include (2020):
- Chair LPS/DoLS and MCA Steering Group
- Deputy Chair Clinical Ethics Advisory Group
- Member New Interventional Procedures Group
- Member Clinical Outcomes Effectiveness Committee
- British Geriatric Society Northern Region Representative
Stroke Medicine (acute and rehabilitation) and elderly neuro-rehabilitation.
Dr Gani is Principle Investigator for a number of Stroke Studies, and is actively involved in the Department’s Stroke trials recruitment.