Become a member
Why not join us to help us provide an ever improving quality of service and to ensure your voice is heard.
Our members are an essential part of our future development as an NHS Foundation Trust. We hope that thousands of people will want to become involved with our work by becoming members or perhaps by joining our Council of Governors.
We are all likely to need high quality, safe healthcare at some point in our lives. We are proud in the Newcastle Hospitals to provide an excellent service.
Our patients, and the public, our staff and partner organisations all help provide broad representation of our local community, reflecting a variety of different views.
We are keen to ensure our membership is reflective of the community we serve, our workforce and that we do listen to what you want. We now also have a Membership and Community Relations Group to work with you.
Benefits of membership
Becoming a member is completely free and anyone can join. It only takes a couple of minutes to register and some of the benefits include:
- certificate of membership
- invitation to special events to show you what goes on behind the scenes at the hospitals
- our newsletter keeping you up-to-date with plans and developments
- the opportunity to join specific projects where your views on our services will offer a valuable perspective
- vote for your representatives on the Council of Governors
- stand for election to the Council of Governors yourself.
Become a member
If you would like to become a member please either:
- Complete the online application form at https://secure.membra.co.uk/NewcastleApplicationForm
- Telephone our office on 0191 223 1702 or 0800 015 0136
- Complete and return an application form (also available from hospital reception desks)
- Contact us for more information.
Members’ Events are scheduled each year – they are free to all members and include informative presentations on topics of interest to our members.
Please note: as a result of COVID-19, Members Events have been postponed until further notice
You will find some of our latest news stories under our ‘Related content’ below and in our News section