Newcastle City Loan Equipment Service (NCLES) provides equipment to support adults and children with their daily living and nursing needs in their own homes.
We are the main provider of this service in Newcastle
What does the service do?
We install, maintain, repair, decontaminate and recycle a wide range of equipment.
We also provide a technical advice service and carry out risk-assessments with medical and care professionals, both in-store and in people’s homes.
The type of equipment we supply includes:
- Toilet products such as toilet seats, frames and commodes
- Mobility products such as walking sticks, walking frames and standing equipment
- Pressure relief products such as specialist mattresses and cushions
- Lifting and handling products such as hoists, transfer boards and lifting belts
- Specialist beds such as hydraulic and electric beds
- Specialist seating such as adult and children’s specialist chairs
- Bathing/showering products such as bath seats, rails and shower chairs.
How can I access the service?
To borrow equipment from us, you need to have an assessment of your needs. Professionals who can carry out equipment assessments include district nurses, social services workers, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
You can arrange an assessment by contacting your:
- GP surgery
- Social services office
- Hospital ward/department (if you’re currently receiving hospital treatment)
Once the assessment is complete, we will deliver and install the equipment (if required).
We will also stay in touch by writing to you at regular intervals to check that the item/s are still needed and appropriate, and also to check that they are still in good working order.
For more information about the Newcastle City Loan Equipment Service, contact us at:
Tel: 0191 282 3484
Our offices and warehouse are based at:Geoffrey Rhodes CentreAlgernon RoadBykerNewcastle upon TyneNE6 2UZ
Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
(excluding bank holidays).