You are welcome to breastfeed anywhere on our premises. If you want somewhere private to breastfeed, please ask a member of staff to help you.
Feeding Rooms are available at:
- Maternity Department: the Antenatal Clinic, level four, Leazes Wing
- New Victoria Wing: ground floor near the main entrance
- New Victoria Wing: level one near the Claremont Wing
- Great North Children’s Hospital: Child Health Clinic
- Radiology: level two, New Victoria Wing
There are other facilities available throughout our hospitals including in our facilities in the community – please ask a member of staff in the area for help. Look out for the ‘Breastfeed Here’ logo to find feeding facilities.
If a feeding room is not available, a member of staff will find somewhere private for you to feed your baby.
Admission to hospital and breastfeeding
If you are admitted to hospital and are breastfeeding your baby, our staff will help you continue to breastfeed. Please tell your nurse or doctor that you are breastfeeding so they can offer you care, support and advice.
If possible, we will support you so your baby can stay with you, or visit you as often as you like while you’re in hospital. Please discuss this with your nurse or doctor.