Working in partnership with key stakeholders we aim to ensure we have the right staff, with the right skills, knowledge and behaviour to deliver high quality, safe and compassionate care to our patients.
The Trust is highly committed to the development of its workforce and it provides many opportunities for staff to develop in their current role and for future roles.
Education and workforce is an integrated function bringing together the development of medical and non-medical staff. The many services and activities offered by the function support the patient care agenda.
Education and workforce have a number of services, including:
- Staff development
- Continuous professional/workforce development
- Leadership and management development
- Undergraduate training of medical students
- Postgraduate medical education
- Library and knowledge management services
- Technology enhanced learning
- IT Training
- Simulation and human factors
- Career Insights, including Work Experience
- Newcastle apprenticeship programme
- Vocational education and learning
- The bridges to learning partnership between the Trust and Unison
- An academy for the development of healthcare assistants
- Resuscitation training
- The Newcastle Surgical Training Centre
We are proud of our services and the way in which the services support staff in the delivery of safe, effective care
Welcome to the Library Service which is available to all Trust staff and students on placement within the Trust. The library contributes to the delivery of high quality health care through the provision of services and resources to support patient care and safety, audit, service development, education and training and research.
To join the library call in to either the Freeman or the RVI Library and complete a registration form. If you are a member of Trust staff please bring your Trust ID badge with you. If you are a student please bring your University Smartcard with you.
Services and resources available include print and electronic books and journals and items can be obtained for you through our interlibrary loan service. We can help you with your information queries and provide literature searches where appropriate. PCs, laptops and study space are available as is printing, photocopying and scanning facilities. Training in the use of resources is also available.
Members can borrow up to 10 books for 4 weeks, with a maximum of 2 renewals, unless the item is required by someone else. Search the Library Catalogue.
- We offer training to all Trust staff and students on placement within the Trust on how to use electronic resources such as healthcare databases and electronic journals.
- Basic critical appraisal training is also available. Training is tailored to meet the need of individuals or groups of staff or students and can be provided within the library or the workplace.
- Library staff offer bite-size training sessions to help you access and use the services and resources available. Simply call into the library and ask.
For more details, please contact: